Sunday, February 13, 2011

Faced the sun and cast no shadow

"Here's a thought for every man
Who tries to understand what is in his hands
He walks along the open road of love and life
Surviving if he can

Bound with all the weight of all the words he tried to say
Chained to all the places that he never wished to stay
Bound with all the weight of all the words he tried to say
As he faced the sun he cast no shadow"
-Oasis

Don't think that double postings will be an everyday occurrence, but shortly after posting my first entry I took off for a recovery run.  I'm pretty sore from racing yesterday so I was a little reluctant, but the sun was shinning and for the first time in many weeks that actually meant temperatures above freezing!  I was still musing my fear of words and the song Cast No Shadow came up on my Ipod.  I don't know how it even got there, the song felt familiar but never before had I really "heard" it.  Despite heavy legs and the humblness that comes with racing for the first time in long time, I felt strong.  It felt like spring.  The song provided meaning beyond words.  Looking back now the words "as he faced the sun he cast no shadow" make very little rational sense but in that moment they meant everything.  They meant simultaneous insignificance and empowerment.  They meant discouragement and renewed spirit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment